Thursday, May 9, 2013

A bit too flash?

 

The two lures above (IMA HOUND 125F Glide Bora Mullet) a faboulous long casting lure, are identical patterns. The difference is the the top one is straight out of the packet and shines like polished chrome, the bottom one I’ve toned down the shine a little with a fine sandpaper to reduce the flash when fishing in clean water.  I believe that too much flash could be a bad thing when presenting a lure to fish at times so that’s the reason for undoing some of IMA’s fine finishing work. Unless I find someone willing to fish a number of sessions next to me, with fish present, who works the lure exactly as I do its unlikely that I’ll be able to conclusively prove that the theory stands up but if it makes sense to me and improves my confidence then it’s worth doing I think...