Sunday, July 22, 2012

A quick trip away...

Decided to take a trip away in search of better fishing and re visit some places I've come to know and love during my fishing years and was not disappointed. Every time I travel and put the time in I come away with valuable knowledge to continue building on in the future. Old locations revealed more about themselves to me and the penny dropped on how and when to tackle some new ones. Building this knowledge takes thousands of focused hours over years but its that endless learning process that keeps it so interesting. This time my trip saw me arrive at a strand and start fishing at 3am rather than lounging in bed until the sun has risen and switched off the fishing on the open beaches, on one occassion standing in the gentle surf in the dark taking in the stary sky with its shooting stars and sattellites I made out a disturbace in the water a few feet ahead of me and an under arm flick followed by two turns of the reel handle was all it took to connect with a decent fish. On another occasion I noticed what I thought to be mullet cruising close in at a boulder field which I cast at a few times with a 4" weightless soft bait and connected with a lively Bass. These are just some highlights of a memorable trip, looking forward to the next one...