Sunday, September 30, 2012

That's better...

 
Just back from, reflecting on and recovering from another epic trip to the Copper Coast which turned out better than my previous trip 2 Wks ago when it delt me a good hiding in the form of a massive blank for 10 hrs hard fishing including dusk, dawn and night sessions! So this time it turned out better for me but again four hrs fishing at dusk and into the darkness on Friday evening produced nothing in the way of fish landed or even a hit I must admit to getting that "Here we go again feeling" but I kept at it, trying  to be as focused as possible on the key times and locations. On key times remarkably for a Bass fisherman I've rarely made the effort to get out early let alone pre-dawn in the past but this season it's accounted for probably over half my fish, I said of an earlier trip away that I'd made double the effort for half the "Normal" results and I'd extend that to my 2012 season as a whole. So back out early on the Sat morning I got hit OTD pretty much straight away when fishing off a strand and landed a reasonable fish in the darkness before moving onto the rocks as it began to get light and landing a better fish of about 5lb to a 14g weedless jig / One up Shad fished sink and draw, things were looking up.. I then moved and got smashed again on the One up shad off a rocky point which turned out to be a very nice fish probably getting on for about 7lb. I fished on for a couple of hours as the spring tide raced out on a beautiful sunny morning with no further action before returning to the Grand Hotel for breakfast and an hours rest and then on to Absolute Fishing for a much needed cup of Coffee. At Absolute there was a real buzz around the place with a few tales of big fish lost including a possible mid double for one inconsolable local, encouraged I headed back out to fish the flood which I did for a further six hrs until fatigue finally got the better of me and I climbed back up the faboulous cliffs of the Copper Coast one last time and started the weary drive home. So all in all a better result but still not great for about 14 hrs focused fishing, it does have to be said though that my knowledge of the CC is pretty basic but improving with each trip. Great to meet new people such as the Neely's who assisted me with landing the larger fish and who I bumped into at most of the spots I visited (Cheers Guys) and also good to catch up with all the locals. Looking forward to doing it all again some time soon...