Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Into the night...

 

I took up an invitation to fish with Michael Quirke at one of his spots yesterday evening and it proved worthwhile. Water quality was good and the NW wind put a bit of welcome movement into the water. The plan was to fish soft plastics and allow Michael to demo a rod of mine which we did until Michael cracked and switched back to his beloved hard baits which, to be fair produced the first fish! Photos were taken in lovely soft evening light and the fish released only for me to realise that I’d left the memory card out of the camera and the built in memory was full, what an amateur! We fished on and as the light was fading I lost a decent fish at close range after a lively battle, Michael rejoined me and landed this fish on a weedless & weightless Spindle Worm which is one of his first successes on this style of presentation and from what I could see won’t be the last! Good skills Michael.