Monday, July 2, 2012

A Good start...

 

Well, despite all the dire predictions and lack of expectations we have made a good start here in Wexford. The first hour looked like it would be the same old story, perfect conditions (Thanks to Jims expert local knowledge) but no fish as has mainly been the story of post close season 2012 so far. As I fished soft plastics from a rocky weedy point focusing on the area to the right Jim directed me to fish to the left and after a few casts my bait was hit hard by a nice fish that looked big by my recent standards but was probably around 5Lbs. With confidence levels elevated we moved on to a similar spot at which my bait was grabbed almost under the rod top by a fish that motored of on a powerful run that made the drag sing which after a good battle I managed to lose just as Jim was getting ready to grab it. We finished of our session with this nice bonus fish which hit a lime green “One up shad” at a deep water mark... See Jim's photos here Here