Saturday, June 16, 2012

Here we go !!


I got up this morning with the feel of a child on Christmas morning. The thought that I can finally get back to some bass fishing, with a reasonable chance of getting a few over the coming months, is hard even for me to get used to as the closed season is finally behind us. If I'm on honest I've actually enjoyed the break having fished pretty hard through the winter and up to the close, it's been no harm to give it a rest for a few weeks especially in the name of conservation. Even though the weather has been awful here for the last 48hrs I will be heading out to fish some areas new to me just to go through the motions, learn a bit about these unfmiliar places for a few hours and get a feel for the conditions without expecting too much in the way of results. Here we go and lets hope its a season like 2010 rather than 2011...