Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wrecked braid....

Been using YGK G-Soul WX8 braid for a year or so with excellent results until very recently when problems have begun......I've been getting the mother of all wind knots every other cast which has never happened before but I think I know why. Recently I've been fishing a lot with weightless soft plastics (Wave worms, Midways, Senkos, Flash-J, Still Hunt, ect) and, combined with not using a swivel clip having moved on to Delanlande INOX No6 clips or the good old JB No3 with the swivel removed, I think I've put twist into the line. Despite running it out across various surfaces and winding back onto the spool numerous times to remove the twist the problem won't go away. The braid looks perfect with no evidence of a problem even when off the spool but I think its time to reload with new and go back to using the JB No3, with swivel intact, when fishing weightless soft plastics.