Sunday, October 10, 2010

An Autumn Classic


Had a great session today, the combination of the calm after the storm and a spring tide conveniently coincided with a Sunday afternoon and on arriving at my chosen spot for some HRF action the signs were good. Dozens of Cormorants and Terns were on or over the water which although slightly coloured was otherwise perfect. Took a fish on my second cast and thouight I was in for an epic session then it went quiet for while and I experimented with differerent SP presentations eventually settling on my hand customised Senkos mounted on a good old 7g Batchi Head. Five decent fish were landed in a short session weighing between four and Seven pounds most hits were right under my feet . The maddest thing happened as I was about to pack up, as I lifted my Senko from the water a small fish powered out of the water after it a good foot clear of the water, now that's keen! Imagine a mid air take on an SP, madness......