Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm lovin it.......



I have to say I'm highly impressed with 8 Strand PE (Poly-Ethylene) braids that are around at the moment, if you know where to look. They are certainly not cheap, this one is £35.00 for 150m (Plus postage if you live in Ireland) but I really think its worth it. Incredibly thin for their strength and very well behaved, I have not had a single dreaded "Wind knot" since switching from a cheaper well known braid towards the end of last summer and I can conclusivly say that its also no longer necessary to under fill the spool as was the advice of old which is a real plus when finesse fishing with soft plastics and ulta light jig heads. I have been using this brand in 15lb/6.8kg & 20lb/9.1kg with tippets of  13lb/5.8kg,  15lb/6.8kg,  20lb/9.1kg  & 27lb/12.3kg.