Sunday, April 18, 2010

Action at last !!


My long winter of fishing discontent is over. Having taken advice, I headed to Co Kerry this weekend and was rewarded with a couple of silver bars. The spot I chose could not have been more pristine, a wild remote area with all the vital ingredient's to attract the Bass and I was not to be disappointed. The sea was flat calm, not ideal for my kind of fishing, with no distubances to indicate the presence of feeding fish and it seemed highly unlikely that i would meet with success but not so. The feel of a hard fighting saltwater predator on the line after the long hard winter was enough to put my heart rate through the roof and it was with shaking hands that I gently unhooked the first fish of around 3 lbs and returned it unharmed. The second fish followed shortly after, a smaller fish of around 2 lbs and it could have been three in that session as a bow wave apeared behind my lure in the failing light followed by a couple of swirls almost at my feet but I'm certainly not complaining.....