Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Something different......


Was out fishing an estuary last night and had a follow by a big old flounder, almost the size of a dinner plate which chased the lure towards me as I retrieved through crystal clear water, almost to my feet. A few casts later I hooked what had to be the same fish! Maybe something to try in the winter? The session went on to produce three different species with a few Pollock and couple of decent Bass to 5 Lbs all on these miniature soft plastic worms. I love this light style of fishing which has coined the phrase of "Finesse fishing" or even "Light Rock Fishing" (LRF) where the sport is being pushed to new boundaries in places like Jersey.

Rod - 7' Sakura Shukan
Reel - Diawa Certate 3000
Braid - Varvas Avani 8 Strand PE 15lb / 6.8kg
Leader - Varivas 365 Flourocarbon 15lb / 6.8kg
Jig Head - Zipper 1/40z / 7g
Plastic - 5" Gary Yamamoto Senko Pro
(Pattern - Light green pumpkin with light green and purple fleck)